Commencing June 2020
Up to $90,225 base per annum (plus entitlements) dependent on experience
The Shire of Manjimup is seeking a suitably qualified and motivated Works Coordinator to join the Shire’s Works & Services team.
This role is responsible for:
- Coordinate and schedule activities for construction projects and works and workshop maintenance tasks;
- Ensure construction and maintenance programs are completed safely, effectively and efficiently meeting time, quality and budget requirements.
- Oversee efficient and effective operation of the Shire’s mechanical workshop.
- Coordinate attendance to after-hours call outs relating to shire works infrastructure.
- Coordinate the delivery of operational plans and assess effectiveness of the plans.
- Coordinate supervisors, leading hands and teams to ensure works and workshop activities are planned and integrated.
- Lead and mentor supervisors, leading hands and staff and develop good team culture.
- Provide high quality, safe and effective services to internal and external customers.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Qualification and relevant experience in managing teams with a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate staff, increase team effectiveness and negotiate effective conflict resolution outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively planning and coordinating civil construction and maintenance works with the ability to accurately estimate costs, monitor expenditure and remain within budget constraints.
- Excellent knowledge of the capabilities and applications of road and construction plant and equipment and mechanical maintenance requirements.
- Extensive practical experience in the operation of construction plant and trucks for maintenance of municipal and/or civil infrastructure.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to provide accurate verbal and written reports, and to effectively read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Demonstrated understanding, knowledge and implementation of Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 and associated Regulations.
Well what are you waiting for? Jump on to www.manjimup.wa.gov.au for all the information about the position and how to apply. You can also find information on the Shire of Manjimup and the benefits of the local community.
To get further information please contact Paula Orr, Human Resources Coordinator by phone (08) 9771 7711 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: 5.00pm Wednesday 17 June 2020