COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
(PART TIME JOB SHARE – 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and community minded person to join our team on a 12 month fixed term contract, in the part time position of Community Development Officer.
About the role
The successful applicant will job share the position, working 2 days per week, and will be responsible for assisting in the planning, development and delivery of strategies and community development programs, services, projects and events for the enhancement of community services in the Shire of Plantagenet.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the Executive Manager Strategic Development in the area of Community Services
- The development of community projects and events in accordance with the Shire’s Community Strategic Plan
- Sourcing, researching and preparing grant applications and acquittals for community development projects
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed public relations, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in report writing
- Qualifications in Community Development or demonstrated experience working with community groups
Salary: $31.71 per hour, up to 14.5% superannuation, four weeks’ annual leave (pro rata) and other benefits.
For information on how to apply please visit our website at www.plantagenet.wa.gov.au.
Applications close at 4.15pm on Thursday 9 April 2020.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER